We humans LOVE Christmas, but our cats? Not so much. Think about it: to them, it’s the time of year when their humans put a lovely smelling tree in the living room and cover it with hanging balls that resemble their toys… only they’re not allowed to play with them. It’s when lots of strangers come into their house and make a lot of noise, and when humans sometimes dress them up, which they really, really don’t like! It may be the most wonderful time of the year for us people, but for cats, it’s a little confusing.
Here is a look at Christmas from the perspective of a dozen Grinchy kitties who aren’t into the holiday spirit, and can’t wait for all the strangeness to be over!
1. It’s the time of year for goofy hats,
Please don’t post this on social media.
2.And hiding in disguise, “Just a regular old tree, no cat here!”
3. From angry elves, jumped off the shelves, “I have to pull an all-nighter to give presents to children? BAH. HUMBUG.”
4. And lights that hurt our eyes. “WHY. IS. EVERYTHING. SO. MERRY. AND. BRRIIIGGGHHTTT?!!”
5. Impersonators everywhere, “Did somebody say they saw Rudolph? Where is he? WHERE IS HE?!”
6. And uninvited guests. “Crack my nuts? No thank you.”
7. We’re not allowed to play with “toys.” How can you dangle something shiny in front of my face and expect me not to attack it?”
8. In case we make a mess. “Er…the dog did it.”
9. Until the season’s over, “Soft cave! I’ll stay in here.”
10. We’ll all stay out of sight. “Do I fit?”
11. Merry Christmas, crazy humans, “You really think this is cute?”
12. And to all, a good night. “Wake me when it’s over.”