When we think of cats, we imagine beautiful, curious, sweet, intelligent, and nimble creatures. Felines are animals with a truly unique blend of characteristics: they’re independent, talented hunters in the wild, but they’re also playful, affectionate pets in our homes. Their one-of-a-kind personalities make kitty-lovers proudly identify themselves as “cat people,” and it’s no wonder, then, that “cat people” are a human breed all their own! Here are a dozen cats that personify some of the traits and talents that make creatures so completely and utterly….well, feline!
1. This beauty’s peepers demonstrate why cats are famous for those gem-like, mystical eyes.
“I can read your mind and see into your soul.”
2. And this one has no shame showing her dark side.
“I will keep watching you from my windowsill until you are out of my sight. Muah–Muaha–MUAHAHAHA!”
3. This kitty is indulging in a lazy day and she is so proud of it.
“Me? Taking up the whole couch? I know. Go sit somewhere else.”
4. While this one is just basking in the warmth of the sunlight.
“Do I look like I got some color?”
5. This feline shows us why afternoon snoozes are called “cat naps”…
…and looks adorable while doing it. Sweet dreams!
6. This whiskered wonder demonstrates what it looks like to have “cat-like reflexes.”
This ninja-cat is pouncing on his prey!
7. This nimble guy puts our yoga postures to shame with his effortless flexibility.
“Me? Workout? Nah, I just do this for fun.” (Maybe he’s double-jointed?)
8. And this pretty kitty is gently introducing himself to this butterfly.
“Hello there, what are you?”
9. This sweet girl likes to stop and smell the roses.
What a perfect reminder to slow down and enjoy life!
10. And this silly meower is enthralled by…well…something!
“It’s a bird! It’s a plane! It’s–! Oh, it’s a bird. I was right the first time.”
11. We’re so glad our death-defying acrobats have nine lives…
“Don’t worry, silly human. I’ll land on my feet.”
12. Because it means that we get nine lifetimes worth of head-nuzzling, purring affection!
There’s no better way to say “I love you.”