We love our cats like crazy, and we’ll do anything to show them how much we care! We’re so committed, in fact, that an outside observer may think some of our habits are a little–well–weird. Even those of us who proudly live up to our “crazy cat lover” reputation may keep some of our PDA (Purring Displays of Affection) under wraps.
But that’s okay, we at iHeartCats totally get it! Love makes you do strange things, right? To prove that you’re not alone, here are 12 weird things we cat owners do that we try to keep secret.
1. Call your kitty by a never-ending list of silly nicknames.
You have no problem referring to your feline as “Pumpkin” or “Honey” when in public, but your friends don’t know that you call your cat “Mr. Squishy Wishy Face” or “Flufflestilskin” behind closed doors.
2. Refer to yourself as “Mommy” or “Daddy.”
As in, “Mommy missed you at work today!” or “Daddy has a special treat for you!”
3. Plop your cat on your bare feet when you’re too lazy to get your slippers.
Ahhh. So warm and fluffy.
4. Sing your feline little ditty before bedtime.
“Rock-a-bye kitty, on the treetop…”
5. Let her rub her velvety little head all over you…even when you’re wearing black dress pants.
Because you’d never discourage your cat when she’s trying to give you affection!
6. Have complete conversations with your furry friend.
She understands you. Always.
7. Try to force your feline to love you, even when he’s not into it.
You may have gotten a couple of scratches this way….but it was totally worth it.
8. Whenever your cat purrs, you purr right back.
Finally, the talent you have for rolling your “R’s” has come in handy!
9. You’re obsessed with those squishy paw pads.
They’re just so soft and perfect.
10. And you wiggle polydactyl toes any chance you get.
The more fuzzy toesies, the better!
11. You’ve literally canceled plans because your cat was laying on you.
“Sorry I can’t go…something just came up.”
12. And you’d never admit that you’ve made excuses to stay in and snuggle with your cat.
Kitty. Wine. Perfection.